The prestigious Master Class of the Orlando Festival is known for its remarkable and generous teachers. In the beautiful Rococo Library and in other attractive halls at the former abbey of Rolduc young professional ensembles receive coachings from experienced musicians and coaches. Most performing musicians at Orlando also coach the Master Class ensembles. It is possible to state a preference for specific coaches on your subscription form.
Enrolment is open for all chamber music ensembles from 2 to 9 persons, including string quartets and piano trios, with an maximum average age of 32 and a maximum individual age of 35 (as of September 1, 2019). The Orlando Festival will select the participating ensembles. Ensembles reside at Rolduc and have access to all festival activities at Rolduc, in addition to the lessons and coachings there are other master classes and rehearsals by the Orlando musicians. Participation includes tickets to all concerts.
The Orlando Festival has a reduced rate of € 800,- per person for the Master Class. This tuition includes lodging at the hotel of Rolduc in a two-person economy hotel room, including three buffet-style meals. You can indicate on your subscription form with whom you want to share your room. For a single room the additional costs are € 150,- p.p.
It is also possible to book private instrumental lessons with a musician of your choice for € 67,50 per lesson of 75 minutes. Please indicate on the subscription form how many lessons you would like to book and with whom. Please note that the Orlando musicians have a limited amount of slots available, so this will be organised on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
Rolduc is located in the South of the Netherlands and is at a short distance from two train stations: Kerkrade (Netherlands) and Herzogenrath (Germany). The Düsseldorf and Cologne Airports are at close range, with direct trains to Herzogenrath (Germany). Orlando can provide transportation from and to the train stations.
Masterclass package € 800,-
* Check-in between 10 – 12 AM on August 13, 2020;
* 10 nights (incl. breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style);
* A double-economy hotel room (you can indicate who you want to share your room with);
* 6 ensemble lessons;
* Coaching in posture, communication and stage fright;
* Performances at various regional concerts of the Orlando Festival 2020;
* Daily use of a lesson block rehearsal room (possibly with piano / grand piano);
* Possibility to book an (free) extra lesson block rehearsal room (also individual);
* Access pass to all festival activities on Rolduc;
* Admission tickets for the afternoon concerts every day at 4.30 PM at Rolduc;
* Tickets for all evening concerts during Orlando 2020;
(If desired, there is transport to the evening concerts by tour bus, return at € 2.50 (not included) per person per concert);
* Check-out before 10 AM on the last day of the festival, 23 August 2020
Possibility to book a single hotel room. Additional costs are € 150,- and the package is then € 950,-.
It is also possible to receive private lessons from an Orlando musician, costs are € 67,50 per lesson of 75 minutes.